Meet Shiney Daniel and her family.
Shiney Daniel, a highly active Sunnyvale resident since 2000, is a candidate for Sunnyvale Town Council Place 2.
Shiney is a successful businesswoman who has a thriving business that she started and has been a major contributor to the community through her service on various boards and sponsorships. She has served on Sunnyvale Planning and Zoning since 2015 and Sunnyvale ISD Committee since 2016.
She is the CEO, Administrator, and Attorney of Agape Home Healthcare in Mesquite, TX.
Shiney has been happily married to Pastor Shaji K Daniel, a businessman, pastor, and international conference speaker since 1993. After ten years of prayer, God blessed them with 4 daughters (quadruplets) who are now 14 years old and later a son, now 12 years old. All five children are students at Sunnyvale ISD and are active on the Agape Church worship team.
Along with her husband, Rev. Shaji K Daniel, Shiney has co-founded the following organizations:
Shiney Daniel Supports
- Safe Community
- Improved Infrastructure (Road, Water, Sewer, and High Speed Communication Lines)
- Excellence in Education
- Restaurants, Grocery Store, Shopping, & Maintaining Rural Character of Sunnyvale
- No New Apartments
A Message From Shiney Daniel
This January when I decided to run for Sunnyvale Town Council Place 2, I prayed about this decision. Why would I who have quietly served this community over twenty years in leadership and service in the business community and church community want to serve on Sunnyvale Town Council? Running for any office has NEVER been part of my plans. I have lived as a private citizen in this community for two decades, just enjoying the community and contributing in every way I can.
If anything, I have spent countless hours encouraging others who were starting businesses or ministries. Although I am an attorney and have an MBA, my time has been spent freely advising and encouraging others to pursue their dreams. Because I didn’t have someone to do that for me when I started my first company in 1994, I have served as a mentor for many others.
Sunnyvale is a beautiful community which has a country feel. My family has been in Sunnyvale since 2000 in the Meadowlake area, and we are now living in our second home in Sunnyvale. Our home in the Meadowlake subdivision overlooked our neighbor's beautiful horse property. My babies grew up watching the variety of animals we have in town. We love watching the cows roaming around on various properties in town. My dad would load up the kids in our bus and have them visit the sheep, cows, llamas, donkeys, and so much more.
I have been in Dallas almost 42 years. Forty (40) of those years have been in the Mesquite & Sunnyvale area. I went to school with Sunnyvale kids at North Mesquite High School, when Sunnyvale did not have our own high school.
The reasons that prompted me to run for office were many but in particular it was the following:
• After serving as a commissioner on Sunnyvale Planning and Zoning (P & Z) since 2015, I was concerned that we had multiple situations where current and/or longtime Sunnyvale residents came to P & Z (and subsequently Town Council) seeking help when residential or commercial development around them was affecting their homes in a very negative way. Sunnyvale has a lot of land in the flood plain or flood-prone land. On numerous occasions, residents reported that land was being flooded and eroded due to the water coming onto their land from neighboring development. In many cases, this situation remains.
• Those who live close to the water treatment plant continue to experience repulsive odors that make it difficult for them to live there.
• Other residents off of Barnes Bridge report that they frequently lose power because of the trees that have grown into the power lines.
• My neighbors on Tripp Rd have reported significant damage to their property due to lack of retention/detention ponds on other neighboring properties which results in a massive amount of water onto their property.
• Those who live in the subdivisions have reported their frustrations with unkept promises of the residential developers.
• People in every part of the town have experienced traffic issues though our little town.
I want Sunnyvale to be a safe and enjoyable community for all its residents. For most people, their home is their largest investment. Our neighbors should not have to suffer like this. I thank all the residents who have kept me informed of these situations in their homes and neighborhood. I thank you for the overwhelming support you have shown me. Let’s work together and make Sunnyvale the most wonderful town it can be for all our residents!"
- Shiney Daniel
A Message from Cindy Burkett
After many years of being an active part of the community of Sunnyvale, I'm pleased that Shiney Daniel has made the decision to offer her service in an elected position as a member of the Sunnyvale Town Council. Shiney is an amazing woman that began a business in her mom's living room almost twenty years ago - a business that now employs over 2,000 people that are busy serving others in the North Texas area! If there is an event happening in the community of Sunnyvale or Mesquite, you will invariably see Agape Healthcare as an official sponsor and the entire Daniel family in attendance wearing their signature purple shirts enjoying the time with others in our town. She is an extremely intelligent individual (as well as being formally educated with four degrees!) that listens to folks' concerns in our community as she makes decisions serving on the Sunnyvale Planning and Zoning Commission. Shiney and her husband, Shaji, are proud worship leaders in our community at Agape Church and their five children attend Sunnyvale schools. I hope that you will join me in supporting my friend, Shiney, to further lead in our community as a member of our Council.
Cindy Burkett, Texas State Representative
- Sunnyvale Planning and Zoning Commission since 2015
- Sunnyvale ISD Finance Committee
- Sunnyvale Education Foundation Sponsor
- Sunnyvale Raider Stadium Ticket Booth Sponsor 2017-2018
- Sunnyvale Business Expo Sponsor 2014-2017
- Sunnyvale Town Center Park Berean Blast Fireworks and Light Show Title Sponsor 2014-2017
- Sharing Life's Community Leadership Council
- Mesquite Police Santa Cop Toy Program Sponsor 2010-2017
- Mesquite's Taste & Trade Title Sponsor 2012-2018
- Mesquite's 9/11 Memorial Freedom Park Major Sponsor
- Mesquite Rotary Board Secretary 2016-2017
- Mesquite Rotary Road Rally Bike Ride Title Sponsor
- Mesquite Education Foundation Sponsor
- Faith and Family Night Title Sponsor Mesquite Rodeo
- Mesquite Rotary Speech Competition Judge for High School Students
- Large Business of the Year Award 2015 (Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce)
- Woman-Owned, Large Business Award (Greater Dallas Chamber of Commerce)
- Large Business of the Year 2011 (Mesquite Chamber of Commerce)
- Mayoral Pillar of the Community Award 2013 (City of Mesquite)
- Business Partner of the Year 2014 (Sharing Life)
- Silver Sponsor 2016 (Mesquite Police Santa Cop Toy Program)
- Stellar Sponsor Award 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 (Mesquite Chamber of Commerce)
- Business Appreciation Award 2014 (Community Heart of Mesquite)
- Taste & Trade Most Creative 2017 (Mesquite Chamber of Commerce)
- Taste & Trade Best of Show 2012-2016 (Mesquite Chamber of Commerce)